• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Should I wait for the Otterbox or just get the Seidio?

Smudgie

Apr 5, 2010
I need a case and need it soon. I have been waiting for Otterbox but am getting tired of waiting. Is it likely that they will come out with an Incredible case soon. I need this case prior to leaving for vacation which is only a few weeks away. What do you think that I should do?

No telling when Otterbox will release their series of cases. The last email I received from them just stated that they will be "coming soon." Like you, I'm getting tired of waiting but in my line of work I pretty much have to get a durable case or seriously risk breaking my phone. Guess we're at the mercy of Otterbox.

Upvote 0
I felt the same way, really want otterbox, but need something and not sure how long I'll have to wait to get Otterbox. I finally broke down and got the Seidio Active case, got it yesterday and I do like it. I think it's most similar with the Otterbox Commuter case.

I've owned both of the Seidio Innocases and not a huge fan of them. If you go Seidio, I would recommend the Active.

Upvote 0
I'm also waiting for the otterbox. I ended up just buying a cheap flexicase thing from boxwave when I ordered my screen protector. It does ok but I don't like how it makes it a bit difficult to go in/out of my pocket. Especially when I'm driving and try to slide the phone up out of my pocket, near impossible with this case. At least I don't have to worry about setting it on the camera lens everytime I set it on my desk at work. Can't wait for that otterbox to come out!

Upvote 0
I had the same dilemma recently. I liked the Seidio Active Innocase but really wanted to see what Otterbox had to offer before spending $30 on some rubber/plastic. In the meantime, I didn't want the phone to be naked. I ended up just sucking it up and spent the $12 on the Verizon High Gloss case. I'm liking this case so much, the Otterbox would really have to blow me away to get me to switch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones