1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should my new Wildfire behave like this????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mysteryman, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Member

Had a Wildfire for a few days, now, and am getting very frustrated by its slow response and constant freezing.

I have loaded a couple of apps from the Android Market (MyPhoneExplorer and SqueezeBox Commander), but, apart from that it is fairly standard.

For instance, if the screen has powered off then I press the power button - up pops the display, showing time. Sometimes, if it tap the screen, it says screen is locked and drag down, but, often it doesn't and I have to power off/on again. When it does appear, it is a total lottery whether it will drag down and unlock - occassionally, it drags half way even!

It is as if the CPU is going flat out doing something else and can't be bothered to respond to what I am doing.

I wonder whether this behaviour is normal and I should have spent a bit more for the Desire or have I got a duff one.

Even better would be if anyone has suggestions for how to improve!

Not a great start to life with a 'smart' phone :mad:

2. vosg

vosg Android Expert

This is definitely not normal. Try a factory reset and see if it goes away.

3. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

I'd try rebooting first, Uninstalling apps second, and factory reset third.

4. ephbee

ephbee Well-Known Member

are you by any chance running an app killer with froyo? that can cause lagging, if so uninstall;)

5. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Member

Some feedback....

I did the Factory Reset (as I'd not got much set up on it!) and it is much better! Straight after the reset, it was perfect. Since then, I've installed a few apps and I get an occasional freeze, but, nothing too bad.

The only apps I've installed are:
    • MyPhoneExplorer
    • Squeeze Commander
    • BBC Sport
    • BBC News
    • Sky Sport
    • Elixir
    • MySettingsPro
    • Pkt Auctions eBay
    • Official eBay
    • SpeechSynthesis Data Installer
    No App Killer.

Fingers crossed it will stay stable, now

Thanks for all the advice!

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews