1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Should we make a bounty???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daydreamingby, Nov 8, 2011.

1. daydreamingby

daydreamingby Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    Hi, I'm not very tech savvy, but I was wondering if people would be interested in making a bounty to have a custom recovery on this phone as well as tested roms from people we can trust.

I rooted my phone but I'm scared of removing some bloatware since there isn't an official guideline for it, some say you can remove this but others say they have problems for it, and so on...

I'm willing to chip in 10 bucks or more if enough people want to, so that we can pay that person responsible for giving us something so useful, specially a custom recovery.

(I know for a fact Metro PCS will not exchange my phone even within it's warranty time or paying insurance, they are really sleazy around here, so if I brick my phone software wise, I am screwed for life.)

You think anyone else would be interested?

PS: Huge thanks to FinalTurismo for all his hard work, even though he doesn't know me, I've used help from his work and I'd be willing to donate to him already.

Advertisement

2. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    importer/exporter/gravedigger
    NYC
    definetly its not unusual for a "beer fund" for the people who do all the hard work

3. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    The Esteem is on PlayfulGods list of phones for a custom rom. And even had a generous user send him an Esteem to develop with.

As far as a CWR I THINK the guys that did the Revolution are porting the recovery over to the Esteem

4. thevisitor83

thevisitor83 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    student
    las vegas
    I sure hope so,i thought the revo guys were awfully silent on this phone,but i hope im wrong. Recovery should be the only thing we talking about on this forum.
    ps:i got 10 on who every makes this happen.

Tags: