1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Should we not buy from Amazon? Considering support options

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Wantin, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Wantin

Wantin Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey folks - wanted your opinions on this. It seems like a bad idea to not jump on board the awesome penny deal Amazon.com is having.

We may go ahead as we're ready to leave Verizon fee-free (all phones finally off contract) and it seems right. However, is this a bad move in your opinions?

I ask in reference to things we may be overlooking. As I try to think of reasons to not go ahead I thought about support. As I understand it, with buying phones through Sprint we can feel fairly comfortable bringing our phones in for potential problems, technical and otherwise.

I suppose this would not be the case if we bought them through Amazon? Any thoughts? Any other pros/cons we should consider?

Thanks guys...

Advertisement

2. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 1, 2009
    Photojournalist
    So Cal
    I have bought phones from amazon and have had no problems with bringing in the phone if it needs to be repaired. I bought an Evo 4g and Evo 3d from them. I had to bring in the evo a few times and the 3d I have yet to have a problem(thank god)

marctronixx and Wantin like this.
  3. Wantin

Wantin Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks for your experience. So you got the phones from Amazon and had good luck with Sprint stores when needing potential repairs?

And now that I think about it, I suppose we could get insurance from Sprint even if we buy them from Amazon. Does that sound about right?

marctronixx likes this.
  4. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    you can buy sprint phones (new) from any authorized dealers. No matter what, the phone is from Sprint, so they will support you the same as any other customer. the 2 yr contract is with Sprint and service is provided by sprint!!!! not with Amazon.

the only issue is with returns / cancellation of contract...
    sprint gives you 30days to try and walk away at no COST to you.. BUT....
    because you are not paying the "sprint" price.. the retailer (amazon) is covering the difference for you! guess what? you have a separate contract with that retailer to fulfill... Read the fine print on cancellation at that retailer!!!!

KENNECTED, marctronixx and Wantin like this.