1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Show/Hide Contacts Groups display. What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by SocaLand, Aug 20, 2011.

1. SocaLand

SocaLand Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    I have taken my gmail contacts and sorted them into groups. For example Friends and Friends 2, where Friends are people I call all the time and Friends 2 are those I call once a year. On my D2G under Contacts>menu>Show/hide. It says "check the groups to hide." If I check Friends 2, should this not now hide all the contacts in the Friends 2 group? In Contacts>menu there is also a "Show Group", and this has Create new Group, All contacts, favorites, Google, and Phone contacts. This is confusing to me. If I choose "Google" which I assume is all my Gmail contacts, shouldn't the Show/hide apply to those groups? This is not the case. I have check ed several groups to hide and they still display. I have also verified that the contacts are only in the groups that are checked. So they should be hidden.

Any help to sort this out would be appreciated. I want be able to hide certain groups in contacts and only show them when I need them. I'm not getting this right. I have synced since organizing the the the Gmail contacts.:thinking:

Thanks ​

Advertisement