• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

show me your home screen!

Mine actually does display the notification bar at the top, but it ignores it in the screenshot for some reason. Oh well :D

1o6ft1.jpg

edit:

Tweaked my homescreen
vqk37p.jpg

awesome, i like it man. super clean.

Yeah, main reason I stopped using the stock LG ui (god help me I was even starting to straight up like it) was because I didn't like the text labels underneath the icons. I've always liked how clean, at least, iPhones appear, even if their hardware is shit and customiseabilty is for naught:p So it's iPhone-esque but with nice tweaks. I'm really liking my app dock with the android in the middle to toggle the app drawer. I feel boss :D

Upvote 0
This is how I choose to set up my home screen. Yeah, I know Beautiful Widgets makes it look like I'm running Sense. But that's the only thing I actually liked about Sense and I've decided to keep the look.

I just recently found out how easy it is to customize Beautiful Widgets; I have it set up to open Gentle Alarm when I touch the time and to open Accuweather Pro when I touch the five day forecast.

I like having the S2 Calendar widget on my home screen so I can see my rotating work schedule at a glance; I just need to fine tune the day colors some more so it's easier to figure out at a glance. I like having my battery % displayed, but I haven't found a decent way to put it in my notification bar (at least not in a way I prefer). Besides, Widgetsoid lets me also add things I use frequently, like screen brightness, wi-fi, silent/vibrate/ringer. The GPS button is sort of useless though...

I need the ESPN ScoreCenter app because I have to drive past Miller Park to get to work -- I need to know if I'm going to get stuck in game traffic. And I've found that the latest updates to the Facebook app suck, so I just use a browser bookmark for access instead.

Overall, I'm glad for the HD screen because it allowed me to add one more row of icons. This lets me see more (I call it informational density) and do more on my screens. And without app names showing, I could probably add even one more row if I chose to.

Attachments

• Home Screen.jpg
    Home Screen.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0
Yeah, but then I'd have to unlock, pull down, touch, and hit back (or swipe up). I have the extra space, so I'd prefer putting it all out there like that. And this way I save the trouble of swiping down and hitting back (or swiping up).

The mute button on the pull down doesn't cycle the way I want it to (sound+vibe/vibe/silent), but the widget does. I never use Bluetooth, and I almost never use airplane mode.

I do find myself having to swipe down to turn on GPS, though, since my set up for that doesn't work as well. I'll poke around to see what other settings are available within Widgetsoid.

Thanks, though, finndo. (that rhymes)

Upvote 0
574775_10150766038992266_600132265_9788494_958295409_n.jpg

widgetlocker with sense4 zenith beautiful widgets theme... the LA slides over to open foursquare

319849_10150766039117266_600132265_9788495_2101095703_n.jpg
xperia home launcher... imho its the smoothest launcher that works on the spectrum its somewhere on xda if you want it..

577160_10150766039227266_600132265_9788497_851089722_n.jpg

A-WAL widget... best way to group apps for me... it pulls the pictures it uses straight from the market..(even if you havent paid for it *cough cough... i know theres atleast a few people that do that)
i would make the pics a tad smaller but idk how

Upvote 0
Here's my setup on adw ex

I use tons of launchers but currently I'm using adw ex. This is pretty typical of my theme on most launchers though. I usually use a black wallpaper but this one came with nitro's new eclipse rom and I like it so I'm keeping it for now.

Attachments

• screenshot-1336358251346.png
    screenshot-1336358251346.png
    500.9 KB · Views: 234
  • screenshot-1336358308143.png
    screenshot-1336358308143.png
    472.1 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones