• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Show Recents screen as list in Android 11?

kite

Oct 5, 2014
Is there any way to show the Recents screen as a list in Android 11 on a Samsung A32? Anything more or less like in the screenshots would be okay. Apparently in the past you could do it using an app from Samsung itself called Good Lock but that no longer exists -?The carousel thing is such a massive GUI fail. No one would ever need to see their Recents displayed one a time as a single giant screen-filling tile.

-----------

recent 2.jpg install-android-lollipop-recent-apps-menu-any-android.w1456.jpg

This is nuts. I'm really surprised that virtually no one anywhere is talking about this.
The change was made a couple of years ago. To be honest I don't recall much controversy at the time, so that's probably why there's no discussion about this now.

(Personally I find it useful: I can read information from the preview so I don't have to switch apps to remind myself of something. Though for quick app switching one of the older "grid" layouts with 8 apps/screen was faster - I never found the "rolodex" style either attractive or useful, so never once missed that).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones