• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show us your Desire Homescreens...

I've got a problem when attempting to do the screen grab's on my non-rooted Desire, i've followed the info in this link:

How To Capture Screenshots With Your Android Mobile Phone which is on the first post in this thread, i assume by phone drivers it's refering to HTC sync but this may be where i'm going wrong.

I created the shortcut to the DDMS.bat file, when i click on this i get the following error's:

Issuewithscreengrab.jpg

When i plug the phone in via USB (I enable USB debugging beforehand), what option do i select on the phone, charge only/hard drive/htc sync/usb tethering?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I had the same problem, whilst rooting my phone this morning. What you need to do is change the path of the DDMS tool to go through program files, in the Android SDK.

How to set the windows path in Windows 7

Here is a guide to doing so. You need to add the Android SDK to the path. If you know how to do this, great, if not, I'm still looking up the exact script to put in the box, as it escapes me right now.

Upvote 0
Some of these home screens are amazing!

I'm confused though. If I'm using a downloaded image as my homescreen background, how can I retain it's quality? I'm trying to use an image with dimensions of 960x800 pixels but if I choose that image with my Desire, the UI wants me to manually crop it and when it's on the homescreen it looks somewhat blurry and pixelated?

Upvote 0
Some of these home screens are amazing!

I'm confused though. If I'm using a downloaded image as my homescreen background, how can I retain it's quality? I'm trying to use an image with dimensions of 960x800 pixels but if I choose that image with my Desire, the UI wants me to manually crop it and when it's on the homescreen it looks somewhat blurry and pixelated?

You have to touch the edge of the crop box and when the arrows appear, drag it outwards to the edge of the picture.

Reactions: Syphadeus
Upvote 0
it does m8, but you have to connect to your pc by usb. Everything else in the software syncs by wifi

Cheers, downloaded the software to the pc but don't seem to be able to get the phone to connect, in the usb options on the phone when you connect usb what do you select? I'm still not sure if i have the correct usb drivers for the phone, is this HTC Sync?

Upvote 0
Cheers, downloaded the software to the pc but don't seem to be able to get the phone to connect, in the usb options on the phone when you connect usb what do you select? I'm still not sure if i have the correct usb drivers for the phone, is this HTC Sync?
I'm sorry m8, I should have mentioned you need the app to go with it. Search the market for it and then install, and you should be good to go.

It isnt htc sync. For screenshots, just select disk drive. I've just tried it, and it worked.

lockscreen.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm sorry m8, I should have mentioned you need the app to go with it. Search the market for it and then install, and you should be good to go.

It isnt htc sync. For screenshots, just select disk drive. I've just tried it, and it worked.

lockscreen.jpg

Sorry to be a pain Mick, i've installed the client on the phone and opened it, oped the software on the laptop and plugged the phone in as disk-drive with usb de-bugging selected and the phone isn't recognised. I'm not sure if the issue is the usb drivers, could you post a link to the correct drivers, i've tried the one on the sd card, along with the latest from HTC and still can't get it to work, like your screen btw!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones