• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show Us Your X10 Homescreen...

Been playing about a bit...

qqwuf7.jpg
9773hw.jpg
2mq4x6x.jpg

dm4gvc.jpg
30xbg3c.jpg
2wqhlw6.jpg

qzqb88.jpg
21j0rvb.jpg
2ujhym8.jpg

X10iUser,

What font are you using in these pictures and how did you change up the look for the messaging app in the 6th screen there? Love the look and I'm just starting to play around with fonts myself.

Upvote 0
Hi.

If you install a launcher like ADW you can reduce how many screens you have. 5 is too many imo, and it will save having to install "crap" just for the sake of filling a screen you don't necessarily need in the first place.

I have adw and I know I can change the number of screens but I lost my apps when I updated and am just going through them to see what I'm putting on my screens lol

Upvote 0
Hi.

If you install a launcher like ADW you can reduce how many screens you have. 5 is too many imo, and it will save having to install "crap" just for the sake of filling a screen you don't necessarily need in the first place.

But he's trying to fill 7 lol

so why would he need less than 5 lmao

hehehe just thought you might not have noticed

Upvote 0
Hi.

I agree! Im using Launcher Pro now with 2.1 (because I like being able to customize my dock) but I only use 3 screens and sometimes when I change my layout I only use 2 screens. Don't think just because you have 5 or more screens available you have to fill them with widgets, icons etc...unless you actually need it tho.

Upvote 0

@ Hitokiri: PLEEEEEEEASE.... I want the panels you have to control your sound, brightness, volume 3G etc. I have the power control widget which has the WIFI, Bluetooth, gps, sync and brigtness control... Is this customisable or have you used another app to give you all those options..

Once I have that, my phone will be puuuuurfect :p

Thanks a million.

Lee

Upvote 0
@ Hitokiri: PLEEEEEEEASE.... I want the panels you have to control your sound, brightness, volume 3G etc. I have the power control widget which has the WIFI, Bluetooth, gps, sync and brigtness control... Is this customisable or have you used another app to give you all those options..

Thanks a million.

Lee

That looks like switcher pro widget to me

i might be wrong though

Upvote 0

Thanks a million.

Lee

its Power Widget - Android app on AppBrain or u can get a free version of it also if u dont mind about ads and etc which is Free Power Widget - Android app on AppBrain . u can customize wat kind of setting shortcut u want ;) cheers

Reactions: Dbnguy
Upvote 0
Hi.

I have ADW and I know that I should be able to have up to 7 screens and I was able to modify this when I still had 1.6 but I can't seem to find any option to adjust the number of screens so I'm set at the default number of 5 for it. Any suggestions? I've thought about reinstalling it but thought I'd ask here first if there was another option.

Upvote 0
I have ADW and I know that I should be able to have up to 7 screens and I was able to modify this when I still had 1.6 but I can't seem to find any option to adjust the number of screens so I'm set at the default number of 5 for it. Any suggestions? I've thought about reinstalling it but thought I'd ask here first if there was another option.

It is no longer in the ADW Settings menu. In order to add new screens, click on the Menu button on the X10 and press 'Edit'. This will show a few buttons on the screen.

At the top you will have 2 green + buttons and a button that looks like a Pin.

At the bottom you will have a red X button and either 1 or 2 buttons with arrows.

Click a green + button to add a screen at that side. Clicking the Pin button, makes that screen your home screen.

The red X deletes the screens and the arrow buttons moves the screens.

Hope this is of some help.

Reactions: JDwan
Upvote 0
It is no longer in the ADW Settings menu. In order to add new screens, click on the Menu button on the X10 and press 'Edit'. This will show a few buttons on the screen.

At the top you will have 2 green + buttons and a button that looks like a Pin.

At the bottom you will have a red X button and either 1 or 2 buttons with arrows.

Click a green + button to add a screen at that side. Clicking the Pin button, makes that screen your home screen.

The red X deletes the screens and the arrow buttons moves the screens.

Hope this is of some help.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for! Funny, I don't recall seeing this in the update notes. Maybe I didn't read close enough.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones