• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shrinkage Status Reset

birdhouse1575

Jun 9, 2012
Hey all,

My Moto XPRT began to screw up last month and I switched back to my previous LG Rumor.

I noticed my shrinkage status completely disappeared. When I switched, I was one month's payment away from full shrinkage (17/18 months).

Now, my Boost account shows my next monthly payment is $40. I made the on-time payment this month, so my next payment should be $35. When I click "shrinkage status", it says I've only made a total of 1 on-time payments and that my next milestone is $45... :thinking:

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, did you solve the issue with Boost?

Update: They fixed it for good now. I'm one month away from ultimate shrinkage =D

I emailed them and they "fixed" it. I noticed they changed it to: one on-time payment towards the 18-month milestone of $35/month.

This is still crap. I see in my account activity that I've made on-time payments in July, August, and this September - at least three on-time payments (yes, of the same monthly pricing).

Already emailed them again, hopefully they change it up.

Upvote 0
my first phone was galaxy prevail starting at 50. should shrink to 35. then i changed to transform ultra and now finally to galaxy s2. but now they are saying that my current rate (40) is the lowest i can go. I called them, they said since i upgraded the device i will get the newer rates which is 40 (after max shrinkage) :(
does it make any sense?

Upvote 0
Yes. That makes sense. The owners of the Prevail were grandfathered into the $50 rate. After that every Android phone was on the $55 plan. Even the Prevail, if you got it after the cut off date you'd be bumped to the $55 plan. I have a Prevail and I've swapped mine to a different one but I'm on the same plan. I refuse to get a different device to get bumped to the different price.

Shrinkage maxes out at $15. So the $50 plan goes down to $35 while the $55 plan goes down to $40. You're a member of this forum and you're posting in the Boost Mobile section... when this was about to happen there was talk and discussion about this. You might be able to switch back to the Prevail and still qualify for the grandfathered plan... but I'm sure it is next to impossible to switch back to the Prevail once you've tasted the S2 waters...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones