• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Shut down problem

My Samsung Galaxy W shuts down whenever I have either 3G or Wi Fi switched on. If I switch on whilst connected to a charger there is no problem, once I disconnect then it will shut down within 2 or 3 minutes of activating 3G or WiFi. When I manage to get it to restart, it indicates that the battery is flat even though it may have a ful charge before shut down. I have restarted it whilst connected to my lap top and had 2 messages - first said that the battery was fully charger and should disconnect, whilst the same screen is showing 40% battery charge.

I have backed up my data, done a factory reset and still have the same problem.

Any ideas what is the cause and a fix for it? I am a novice with phones by the way so any technical stuff will need to be explained.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones