• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shut up about the $10

hodan

May 14, 2010
Unlimited voice and data = 99
EVO 3g data = 10
wireless hotspot= 30

Total: $139.99

Which is the same OR not much more than iPhone users pay for shit 3g on AT&T.

Sprint is still cheaper than EVERY OTHER CARRIER + 4g for some of us + wireless hotspot!

Anyone complaining about the $10.00 is like complaining about the iPad not having flash. You don't like it DON'T BUY IT.

The $10 thing I can live with, but people should have an avenue to voice their displeasure. I wish that would be for them to contact Sprint since that may actually accomplish something, but if they want to come on here and complain then they can do that. Have to take the good with the bad. The good thing is you have the option of not opening the topic and most of them are clearly labeled :)

Upvote 0
hodan = Dan Hesse.

LOL:)

Dan Hesse is just seeing the EVO and 4G as selling points and trying to get some revenue enhancements for Sprint so they can catch up business-wise to the Verizon's of this world. I suppose if ten bucks a month is going to help the company grow and keep them out of struggle while still keeping consumers rates lower than ALL of the competition, I can live with it.

Upvote 0
Sprint is just using the EVO as their segway into raising there prices for data, since it costs them a lot of money to invest capital for improving their tower infrastructure. Sprint was not charging enough, plain and simple.

Sprint is still good value, but if you think about what you are able to do with devices now, VZW, Tmo and even At&t are all providing services that most appreciate and cost a LOT of money to keep up to date and increase coverage.

Was this a pragmatic enough post??

Upvote 0
EVO 3g data = 10
wireless hotspot= 30

Sprint is still cheaper than EVERY OTHER CARRIER + 4g for some of us + wireless hotspot!

Anyone complaining about the $10.00 is like complaining about the iPad not having flash. You don't like it DON'T BUY IT.

You really want us to STFU about it, you could post the breakdown for the closest plans for T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon as well.:p

Upvote 0
Did we really need another thread about this? Seems counter productive, especially based on your thread title.

I think the OP has something against horses.

beat_deadhorse1.gif

Upvote 0
I know this thread has been done a million times but I'll add my input.

The $10 sucks.

I have a shared plan, 1000 minutes and unlimited data/text. We get 25% off a month. We have an airave too.

The bill is about $130/month.

If I add an EVO to my line, that brings the bill to $150 a month. That's pretty substantial. For what? 4G I won't get?

I don't like how it has to be added to EVERY LINE. That's the BS part.

Upvote 0
EVO 3g data = 10
wireless hotspot= 30

because
-this is a free forum
-you have the right to complain about complainer
-complainers have the right to complain
-all have the right to read or not to read
-all have the right to reply or not reply
therefore... we are all here to express what we want to express. keep on do what u doin, and so will everyone else. :D

also... I thought the base plan for all you want is $69.99.
Therefore.. $69.99 + 10 + 29.99 = $110ish

in the end...
I hate the $10 charge, but will pay it.
I hate the $30 charge, so I will root it and not pay it.

:cool: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
For what? 4G I won't get?

I don't like how it has to be added to EVERY LINE. That's the BS part.

For the one millionth time.... the charge is NOT for 4G usage, it is for unlimited, uncapped DATA usage, whether its 3G or 4G.

And yes, its for EVERY line, because EVERY line will have unlimited data.

Upvote 0
On top of it all, I have never seen anyone excited to pay more money. So of course we would all rather not pay it. So it only seems obvious for people to complain about spending more money then they are now.

So instead of starting a thread saying shut up about the $10 which we have more then enough of, why not start a thread about people being excited about spending more money. Then everyone who is happy to do so can unite there!

And if you don't want to hear about it all, then don't start these stupid, overly beatin threads!

Reactions: YaBoiD
Upvote 0
Man somebody is touchy on this issue. Must have been you that came up with the 10 dollar addition. Lol. Will you pay my ten for me?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Not touchy at all, just clarifying it for those who hadn't read it on the other one million threads :rolleyes:

Besides, if you posted ---
I suppose if ten bucks a month is going to help the company grow and keep them out of struggle while still keeping consumers rates lower than ALL of the competition, I can live with it.

then apparently, you dont need me to "pay your ten bucks a month" ;)

Upvote 0
For the one millionth time.... the charge is NOT for 4G usage, it is for unlimited, uncapped DATA usage, whether its 3G or 4G.

And yes, its for EVERY line, because EVERY line will have unlimited data.

Get it now ?

every line that has the EVO on it.. not everyline on the account!!!

Yes.. I agree they say it is for the unlimited data access and the amount you potentially use with the EVO.
Yes. I will pay it.
NO. I do not agree with Dan/Sprint and their marketing twist for the $10. I have a Hero. It can do youtube in HQ automatic. it does everything with data that the EVO can do, but the Full Flash websites. Mind you, I can go to the sites, just can not see the flash adds/banners. So I do not agree it is a fair charge, as marketed to me.

i think this is the current strategy by other carriers and it has worked for the masses at large. The Public dont realize that in the end we pay much higher for our same services. using iphone for example: they lowered the price of the iphone last year to $199, but raised the monthly service charge. Price on phone, we pay only once!!! Service is every F-ing month!!!!!! but the masses flocked to AT&T and threw their $$ to Apple/AT&T; so excited the price on the phone has dropped to $199. So I really can not blame Sprint for trying the same revenue wining strategy. It sucks for us, that can see the deception, but in the real world... $$$ is king!

Upvote 0
It has indeed become a BIG issue, I said it once and I'll say it again, Sprint should have waited 3 months after launch before putting the $10 surcharge in place. This way it would look like you are getting so much more with sprint for less in the beginning. After 90 days no one would hardly notice the $10 surcharge on any new activations and if the phone lives up to all the hype then no one would really care. Its this critical launch time that you want to look like you are giving it all away and not only do you have the best phone but you have 4G FOR LESS. Baaad marketing on Sprints part for not doing this at launch. Now all you see everywhere is why do I have to pay $10 ?? Once the phone has proven itself people will not be so put off to pay the $10 surcharge.

Upvote 0
every line that has the EVO on it.. not everyline on the account!!!

Yes.. I agree they say it is for the unlimited data access and the amount you potentially use with the EVO.
Yes. I will pay it.
NO. I do not agree with Dan/Sprint and their marketing twist for the $10. I have a Hero. It can do youtube in HQ automatic. it does everything with data that the EVO can do, but the Full Flash websites. Mind you, I can go to the sites, just can not see the flash adds/banners. So I do not agree it is a fair charge, as marketed to me.

i think this is the current strategy by other carriers and it has worked for the masses at large. The Public dont realize that in the end we pay much higher for our same services. using iphone for example: they lowered the price of the iphone last year to $199, but raised the monthly service charge. Price on phone, we pay only once!!! Service is every F-ing month!!!!!! but the masses flocked to AT&T and threw their $$ to Apple/AT&T; so excited the price on the phone has dropped to $199. So I really can not blame Sprint for trying the same revenue wining strategy. It sucks for us, that can see the deception, but in the real world... $$$ is king!

Well said, my friend. Well said.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
EVO 3g data = 10
wireless hotspot= 30

No, you shut up! Telling people to shut up on public forums is not the best way to make friends. If you don't like the topic, don't read it.

And if you checked your facts.....the iPhone fee..a huge chunk of that goes to Apple, not ATT. Sprint...100% goes to Sprint.

Also, welcome to last month. Plenty of threads that talk about the $10 fee. Starting another one is just asking for trouble.

Upvote 0
I hope I am not repeating something that has been said in this thread about the 10 bucks

Personally i don't see what the big deal is(taking account the economy and already high price plans)

I've heard the 10 dollars is for the 4g option and then it's uncapped....Very conflicting stories

But i don't mind because i would hate to go into a 4g market and not realize it and be using data that i am getting killed for...That would be awful

if the 10 dollars protects me from paying my arm, leg and pretty much my whole body in accidental data usage while being unaware im in a 4g market, cool...it's 10 bucks.

I still have verizon and i haven't officially decided if im keeping my sprint acct(i have till tomorrow)

but i pay 130 dollars with everything unlimited with vzw vs sprints everything data plan for 69.99...if i got the mobile hotspot feature(doubt i will)+Plus my airwave box i am looking at 115.00-120.00

save ten bucks :)
But ppl will complain about the 10 regardless just like ppl will complain about those complaining about the 10 dollars

Reactions: clwoodwork
Upvote 0
No, you shut up! Telling people to shut up on public forums is not the best way to make friends. If you don't like the topic, don't read it.

And if you checked your facts.....the iPhone fee..a huge chunk of that goes to Apple, not ATT. Sprint...100% goes to Sprint.

Also, welcome to last month. Plenty of threads that talk about the $10 fee. Starting another one is just asking for trouble.

Actually some of it goes to Clearwire and even though Sprint owns a stake in the company it is a separate entity.. They have to pay for using the service like everyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones