1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Shutdown Sound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sokudo Ningyou, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which .ogg file is the sound you hear when you shutdown the phone? And can I simply replace it with a different sound without needing to do any coding? I visited one of the suggested posts for the Samsung that basically said not only did you need to replace the file, but also code.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

3. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

Settings>Sounds>Notification ringtones> pick one.

This will be the sound when you boot up or shutdown.

I don't think you can add your own sound

4. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member

Yes, but I don't have a sound chosen, because it interferes with Handcent. That's why I was curious if I can simply replace the file with a different one, and which one it would be. You know, like renaming my own file to "notification.ogg" or whatever. The Samsung post mentions coding after replacing the file, though.

5. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

I use ChompSMS and they do not conflict. Two different sounds. As for the hack I have no idea.

6. nycebo

nycebo Android Enthusiast

It doesn't interfere with either. Simply go into your stock messaging app and disable the notification alerts, particularly since you are using Handcent. Then, select whatever notification sound you want from general settings.

7. mahers

mahers Android Expert

I use Handcent and have set up a unique tone exclusive to texts. I have another one set up for emails, and lastly, I have the default notification tone for almost all else, which includes powering up and off. At no point have the default tones and the Handcent tones conflicted. The only "bother" I have is to set up my special email tone everytime I reboot the phone, as it reverts to the deafult selection, but I don't reboot often.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews