1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Shutdown while charging due to buggy App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alan H., Aug 9, 2010.

1. Alan H.

Alan H. New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Mgmt. Consultant
    LA (Lower Alabama)
    I have suffered the shutdown while charging and have traced it to a battery charge indicator app.

I would charge the battery at night and the next morning it wouldn't restart without pulling the battery. This occurred concurrently with installing a battery charge indicator app.

I uninstalled the app and now the problem has disappeared. My unabated installation of apps has now stopped. I am now convinced that the app world is full of bugs and crap. I bet half the problems that folks have are due to unvetted apps being used. I am now trying to figure out how to properly screen them before I install them and inherit a fatal bug in the process.

Advertisement

2. King Stampede

King Stampede Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    I had one random shut off the first night I got my phone.

As soon as I got my phone I installed one of those Sense like widgets that has the clock and whatnot. I charged my phone to 100% before I went to bed. Woke up the next morning to find my phone shut itself off.

That widget was the only app I had installed the first day so I uninstalled it and since then I have not had any more shutoffs.

I could be wrong, though. I read someplace else on this forum who had the same problem as I did when they charged it fully. I hope it's just a software issue.