• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shuts off with 44% battery

Mikeyz

Apr 25, 2010
My Turbo 2 shuts off without any warning even when it still shows a high percentage of battery remaining. It started doing this a few weeks ago when it showed 20%, and its gradually gotten worse. Today it shut down at 44%.
It usually will start again with the power button, and shows the battery percentage the same as when it shut down. Sometimes it will not even finish the start up sequence, just shuts down part way through. If I connect to a charger it will always fully start, showing the percentage as before, and will gradually charge.
I tried to "calibrate" the battery through 3 complete discharges and recharges. It usually shuts off before draining below 30%, and doesn't seem to calibrate. Still shuts down at a high percentage.
Did a hard reset of the device today, and it shut down two hours later at 44% after I got it going with just the factory installed apps, minus some bloat. Did not help at all.

My Turbo 2 shuts off without any warning even when it still shows a high percentage of battery remaining. It started doing this a few weeks ago when it showed 20%, and its gradually gotten worse. Today it shut down at 44%.
It usually will start again with the power button, and shows the battery percentage the same as when it shut down. Sometimes it will not even finish the start up sequence, just shuts down part way through. If I connect to a charger it will always fully start, showing the percentage as before, and will gradually charge.
I tried to "calibrate" the battery through 3 complete discharges and recharges. It usually shuts off before draining below 30%, and doesn't seem to calibrate. Still shuts down at a high percentage.
Did a hard reset of the device today, and it shut down two hours later at 44% after I got it going with just the factory installed apps, minus some bloat. Did not help at all.

If device and battery is older then 2 year old, It sounds like that could be the culprit. But Also check and see if the device had an update available because this can also play a part in the device power disconnection issues.

Upvote 0
First I'd recommend, that if you haven't done it yet... backup your contacts, pictures and other data you are interested in keeping.

Pay attention to the temperature of the device when the problem happens... an overheating CPU could also cause the same problems described.

Intermittently misbehaving apps could also cause it... Booting into safe mode could help determine if this is a possible cause... and of course a factory data reset would also help determine if an app or apps could be a part of the issue.

I'm not saying it isn't the battery... just that isn't the only possible cause.

Upvote 0

I have same problem with M8 and have to replace the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones