• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Shv-e300s

Rex101

Lurker
Feb 15, 2014
Hi guys am a newbie here and a newbie in messing with android firmware,bootloader,Rom,kernel etc. I happen to have my hands on a prototype of samsung galaxy S4-Korean SHV-E300S.Yes the mighty Samsung Exynos 5 5410 Octa *4+4 1.6GHZ. I got the device from a friend and it was in a wanting state. The IMEI is a 15 zeros number block,it has no roaming services and gets no network from any service providers,wifi is ok. However there is a constant floating,transparent and irritating window on the homescreen and app drawer that shows. PDA(MG2),PHONE(MG1),CSC(MG2),H/W,RF Cal Date, SMD,UN,Memory, Rear CAM, Front CAM,TSP,TSK,Sensor Hub,CH and BATT_LEVEL details. I downloaded rootchecker and the device is not rooted. I tried rooting,flashing stock firmware and bumped onto''Knox Images Only''every time.Jumped forum to forum studying knox en now am here. Is there a way to get the device to get network back(GSM,2G,3G,LTE)and also get rid of the annoying window on the homescreen. Forget about rooting it for now.

Hi guys am a newbie here and a newbie in messing with android firmware,bootloader,Rom,kernel etc. I happen to have my hands on a prototype of samsung galaxy S4-Korean SHV-E300S.Yes the mighty Samsung Exynos 5 5410 Octa *4+4 1.6GHZ. I got the device from a friend and it was in a wanting state. The IMEI is a 15 zeros number block,it has no roaming services and gets no network from any service providers,wifi is ok. However there is a constant floating,transparent and irritating window on the homescreen and app drawer that shows. PDA(MG2),PHONE(MG1),CSC(MG2),H/W,RF Cal Date, SMD,UN,Memory, Rear CAM, Front CAM,TSP,TSK,Sensor Hub,CH and BATT_LEVEL details. I downloaded rootchecker and the device is not rooted. I tried rooting,flashing stock firmware and bumped onto''Knox Images Only''every time.Jumped forum to forum studying knox en now am here. Is there a way to get the device to get network back(GSM,2G,3G,LTE)and also get rid of the annoying window on the homescreen. Forget about rooting it for now.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Rex101! :)

Your phone is displaying that notice because you, or the previous owner, have enabled Factory Mode, either by design or by accident. Various ways of disabling Factory Mode are discussed in this thread over on xda developers...

Can someone please tell me how to get the galaxy s4 out of factory mode?

Whilst this is not specifically for your model of handset, the same basics apply. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones