• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sick of broken USB charging ports - alternatives?

Actually I've never had a USB charging port break, and I generally use my phones for 3-4 years.

But anything that supports wireless charging should meet that requirement. "Good" is a bit subjective, so we'd need to know what you look for in a phone (I am quite serious: some people's essential features are quite irrelevant to others, or may even rule a phone out completely).

Upvote 0
I've never broken one either. It's all about taking proper care when plugging/unplugging and not manhandling the cable. Also about avoiding the really crappy cables that don't fit quite right.
All current devices will use the USB port for wired charging, so no options there.
I recently added wireless charging to my S5 and I will say it's quite convenient.
My S5 even has the little flip cover on the USB port still intact, and it gets flipped a lot.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones