• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sick of dealing with 2.2, would like 2.1 Update 1 again

Phreeman

Lurker
Jun 4, 2011
Like many of my fellow Fascinate users, I jumped on the update to Android 2.2. Unfortunately, I regret that decision. For one, the GPS is back to being nearly useless, just as it was with 2.1 (it worked fine after update 1). Also, since "upgrading" to 2.2, I've had more force closes than ever, and the phone behaves strangely on occasion, in ways I never saw until I downloaded 2.2. So, here's the question: Where can I download and find a tutorial for getting Android 2.1 Update 1 on my phone again? I'm definitely going to need some instructions to go by because I'm a complete noob when it come to doing this sort of thing with a phone, but I can learn quickly and figure out the details as I go. If someone can point me in the direction of a download and instructions, it'll be appreciated much more than known.

Reactions: ScandalousMrT
Reactions: Phreeman
Upvote 0
Thank you for the recommendations. I used Oden to flash DI01 back to my phone and did a format on the SD card and have resolved the issues I was having. A new one has developed, however; that is, my phone is only syncing contact pictures from Twitter and pulling nothing from Facebook except status updates. Compared to the force closes and useless GPS I was dealing with before, I won't complain too much.

Thank you again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones