• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Side control for ringtone volume

smurph1

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2010
Northern Ireland, UK
After an update received before Xmas, now back to work, where I turn onto silent or vibrate for meetings, I have noticed that the ringtome side control is playing up.....it mainly now controls media volume, and occasionally ringtone volume.....this is obviously some form of bug, I believe since update.
Anyone else agree?
Is it something else causing it?
Can it be rectified?

Is the update you are referring to the one that gave you android 4.1 jellybean? Did you do a factory reset since you updated? El Presidente has a good thread about how a factory reset can help with problems after a major update: http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-xl/666917-jb-update-issues-factory-resets-please-read.html

Otherwise, I have noticed the issue on my device, which is still running 4.0.4. It only happens when I leave open a program that doesn't completely close, though, and it only takes so much as to close the program to solve the issue on my device.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, yes after JB update. Haven't done a factory reset, mainly as there are and I have so many other settings that I dread doing it, as it takes so much re-configuring everything, but will investigate.
I never completely close a program, only go to home....theer is no simple, supplied obvious way, or am i wrong?

well, for me it is usually games that cause the issue. and if you go to the main page of the game and press the back key, it'll give you an option to close the game, which should do it's job and close the game.

Also as for the settings, don't trust me on it until someone backs me up, but I believe there is a way to save settings and restore them in android 4.1. Not sure how to use it, though, seeing how i'm still on 4.0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones