1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Side loading into correct folders

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sli4, Jan 9, 2013.

1. sli4

sli4 New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    I have a rooted kindle fire hd 7in and I realized today that every time I side load games/download from google play store they are all installed to the APPS folder and not into the Games folder

when side loading is there a way to install apps, games etc into the proper folders or do all side loaded apps just end up in the "apps" folder?

am I side loading incorrectly by copying my apk's to the download folder and then using Es file explorer to find the files and install by pressing on the apk that I moved to the download folder?

thanks!

Advertisement

2. PRallday168

PRallday168 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Male
    Vet Tech
    As far as im concerned all side loaded apps end up in "/data/app/" and will not show up in the games category in he KFHD launcher unless you downloaded a game from the amazon appstore. Although when downloading a game from the amazon appstore, it still ends up in "/data/app/".

3. LoneStarRobin

LoneStarRobin New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    PLEASE HELP! I am completely illeterate with all things technical. I have a Kindle Fire HD running version 8.1.4

I want to be able to install google play games and adobe flash. I need, I'm begging for, step-by-step instructions for the technically impaired.

Otherwise, I'm hating my fire. :-(

4. valarros

valarros New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Can someone please help me figure out how to get google play on my kindle fire hd 7 without rooting? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

5. PRallday168

PRallday168 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Male
    Vet Tech
    theres a thread on that here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1895040 i havnt tried it personally because im already rooted. good luck.