1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Side oriented lock screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jwbwd2, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jwbwd2

jwbwd2 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 5, 2013
    Male
    Chemist
    Hello all,

I have my home screen set to orient sideways because it is a very convenient setting for me. I never thought about it before but I had my phone sideways and knocked on the screen to a very brief side oriented lock screen. It looked exactly the same only the time and date information was on the left and the lock pattern was on the right (instead of top and bottom). I cannot get this to happen again!? How is this even possible? I have tried and tried but it will not give me the sideways lock screen again. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Klotar

Klotar Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 21, 2013
    I found an app in the Play Store that I am very happy with, called "Ultimate Rotation Control" (does not require root).

Basically, it will allow "portrait only" apps to go into landscape mode. There's lots of settings and customizations available in the app to also prevent apps that do go into landscape to be portrait only, or prevent (override) global landscape settings, etc.

A couple things of note: it works on the lock screen (which is what I wanted too, as I mount the G2 in landscape in the car), and it will also allow you to use the phone in reverse portrait (upside down), which natively Android does not allow (normally you can turn the phone in 3 directions but not the 4th).

There are two apps that I have (out of 84 apps installed) that will crash in landscape mode, so I have disabled landscape mode for just those two apps. Neither of these apps needed to be in landscape anyway, but I tested out each one.

3. jwbwd2

jwbwd2 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 5, 2013
    Male
    Chemist
    Thank you for the reply but I really don't want another messy app to control customization of my phone. My problem is that I actually saw it happen with my own 2 eyes so I know the phone is capable without an outside help...

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: