1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sideloading 4.4.1 update hiccup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akmsr, Dec 7, 2013.

1. akmsr

akmsr Android Enthusiast

hi all
    for five days i am using the nexus 5 stock (as it comes out of a box). i have sdk tools and latest usb drivers installed. i am transferring pics/videos back and forth with a vista laptop. today i decided to do the update.
    when i rebooted to recovery (stock) from CMD in vista, i see the notification 'new hardware found' in windows. on the phone adb says 'no device found' when i issue "adb sideload update.zip" :rolleyes: took me half an hour to figure it out. vista needs driver with adb support for nexus. the driver that eventually worked for me was "universal naked driver v.0.73". the instructions say to uninstall the previous driver before using this but for me it was not necessary.
    i downloaded and unzipped it in a folder. from CMD: adb boot recovery , vista finds the new hardware, right-click and 'update the device software' and point to my unzipped folder. it installs adb interface etc. back to update command: adb sideload ..... done.
    thought i would share just in case for anyone having a driver problem like me.

Rxpert83 and mk_ultra19 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Thanks for sharing your experiences! :)

akmsr likes this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews