1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sigh..my Droid's keyboard and tactile keys aren't lighting up.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 8-Bit-Soldier, Jan 8, 2010.

1. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast

They are not lighting up no matter how many reboots! Btw, I'm not rooted nor do I run an open home. Would a battery pull do the trick?

2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Android Enthusiast

Is this happening at night or during the day? There's a sensor on the Droid that will light up the key and keyboard. If you cover the sensor, does it light up? It could be defected.

3. gwwjpd

gwwjpd Well-Known Member

I've had that problem a few times, a battery pull (or 2) has fixed mine. Hope it fixes yours, it's hard to text in the dark isn't it.

4. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Android Enthusiast

I wasn't even aware that it should light up, I've never used the physical Keyboard but just slid it out to see and nope, no lights. I am running Home++ though so that could be my issue, I did try to cover all of the phone to see if that would help

5. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

I'm betting on daytime and not knowing about the sensor :).

6. SinfulDragon

I take it back, cover the sensor and it works like a charm ;)

7. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

I don't use the auto-brightness feature. You might consider turning that off. Settings > Sound & display > scroll down to 'Brightness'

8. SinfulDragon

Auto Brightness isn't checked, slider is all the way to the right.
    Like I said I am running Home++ so maybe that has something to do with why the sensor is still on?

9. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast

Battery pull did the trick! :D Very glad as everything last night was force closing and not working. Thanks for the help! :)

10. saab_ja26

saab_ja26 Lurker

So glad I found this thread. I was having the same issue with my keyboard not lighting up. In my case turning off the auto bright worked.

11. 13lind

13lind Lurker

Pulling the battery didn't work for me on my Droid2, but turning the DroidLight on and off did. Droidlight is a 3rd party app that uses the camera LED as a flashlight. Found it on the Market. Good luck!

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews