• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Every so often my Note 3 displays a warning icon and when I pull down the task bar it says it is a sign-in request to my Gmail account, the one that I had to create when I started using an Android phone several years ago.

I absolutely never use this account, nor have I ever given it to anyone, so the only thing that is in its inbox must be spam. I'd like to figure out how to make my Note 3 understand that I don't ever want to sign in to this account. Does anyone know how to get the phone to stop displaying this sign-in request?

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to the forums . can I ask a few questions . first are you rooted . are you using Google chrome . And the last question is there any reason you Dont want to use Google . this Google is a life saver

I already have two e-mail accounts, and they are more than enough. I can't replace either of them with my Google account because I have had them for years and too many people know them. Besides, when I got my Android phone and was required to set up a Google account it required a brand new account, and it wouldn't take any of the user names that I tried, so I ended up having a user name that is 20 characters long.

As for an app to find my phone or wipe it or brick it, I have used Where's My Droid for several years. I even used it once about three years ago when I lost my original Android phone. It located the phone at a friend's house - people had found it, called the first person in my address book, and took it to his house so he could return it to me.

I'm sure the Google app is fine, but I don't see where it has any advantages or features that Where's My Droid does not.

Upvote 0
when I got my Android phone and was required to set up a Google account it required a brand new account
No, you can use an existing account. What you can do now, if you have an existing Google account that you're not using, is delete the "new" one from the phone and add the existing one. You'll lose the listings in My Apps in Play, but otherwise that should stop the notices, and allow you to check your emails on your phone. You can add more than 1 Google account if you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones