1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sign into gmail on webpage without the coresponding google profile on phone?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by dorlow, Mar 30, 2021.

1. dorlow

dorlow Well-Known Member

Is there any way to just browse to mail.google.com and login to a gmail account without being forced to install the google profile on my phone? My work requires a work profile and for them to be able to control my device. On a pc, you can go to mail.google.com and login. But, when I try mail.google.com, it only shows my non work profile email addresses. If I try to sign in with a different email address, it automatically forces androids account manager to go through the steps as if I wanted to install the account on the phone. I don't want to install the account on the phone. I only want to view it in a webpage.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Just use your browser.
    You will need to sign in to Google, but it is all within the browser.

You need to link your work account with your personal accounts.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. sullencab

sullencab Well-Known Member

Try opening it using a different browser like Opera.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, try using a different browser that isn't connected to the Google account on your phone, like say Firefox or Opera, and you should be able to login using your desired Gmail account.

5. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

That is what I thought too, but after reading OP again, it seems to me that the work profile is not appearing.

To me, this sounds like the work account needs to be linked to the personal account.

I cannot remember how this is done, but I do know that it is possible.