• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

avhokie

Feb 17, 2010
My company is insisting that I switch over to Verizon (if I want to have the company pay my bill). I have been waiting for the Fascinate to make the jump over, but with some of the issues (specifically GPS), I don't know if I want to get that phone or wait for something else down the road.

My question is, can I sign up for a new contract without getting a new phone (I'll buy a used one and bring it myself) and apply the new contract discount in a few months? Anyone try this before?

My company is insisting that I switch over to Verizon (if I want to have the company pay my bill). I have been waiting for the Fascinate to make the jump over, but with some of the issues (specifically GPS), I don't know if I want to get that phone or wait for something else down the road.

My question is, can I sign up for a new contract without getting a new phone (I'll buy a used one and bring it myself) and apply the new contract discount in a few months? Anyone try this before?

I just did this with a third line. I added a third line (getting a new number for it) using an older phone. I still have an upgrade I can use on that line though I don't plan to. Just go in and ask them to activate your phone; however, they will charge you an activation fee and other things they don't usually hit you with on an upgrade. (I doubt it is any different for you being a new customer as Verizon gets your money each month without having to subsidize a new phone.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones