1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Signal and handset exchanging problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Specyfik, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Specyfik

Specyfik Newbie

Hello i've got problem with my htc one x signal problem,previously i had desire hd at 3 network and everything with the coverage was allright,since i got one x there is a problem with the mobile network,its very poor and it just keep loosing saying no service,i have tried to call 3 that they cant exchange that handset for me because the 28 days of warranty have passed still im not sure if this could be a new micro sim problem,shouldn't the warranty be longer if its the hardware problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Is your phone 3 branded? Did you get the phone on contract with them? Your phone comes with at least a 1 year warranty as standard.

Are there signal issues in you area at all?

3. Specyfik

Specyfik Newbie

Yes it is contracted with 3,there was no any issue month ago with my htc desire hd.now the signal is very poor,the 3 refused to replace the handset as they said that the 28 days passed since they delivered it to me.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

If it's faulty, or if it's potentially faulty, they're still obliged to look at it and check for any issues, replacing if required, it's a legal requirement.

You could try another micro sim, that might make a difference. Has it always been bad?

5. Specyfik

Specyfik Newbie

Well the signal is stronger in some other places,but in my house its very poor,but its been stronger on my previously handset HTC DHD with the same network operator....

6. Specyfik

Specyfik Newbie

they also said that the HTC stopped manufacturing ONE X and they wont be having any more of them so i an make a replacement on other device could this be true?

7. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Although HTC has come out with the One X+, I seriously doubt they have stopped manufacture of the One X models this quick. Logic would dictate they are still manufacturing and still making parts (you can still pick up brand new HTC handsets from 2 year old models). It may be possible that 3 has stopped purchasing the handset from HTC.

8. Specyfik

Specyfik Newbie

I have checked,in other places ive got full signal,but in my home i keep loosing

9. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

I know you specified that your old phone got good signal, but what about other peoples phones? have you had other phones in your house and checked to see how their network connectivity is?

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews