• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I was just moved in my office and now work an in area with a very weak signal. Are there any products out there for office use to help boost signal to get me a little something at work?

Look into the repeater products at Wilson Electronics. But be careful to make sure your carrier's frequency band is supported -- especially the new LTE bands as appropriate.

This is a different product from the femtocell products mentioned by joggy, which are primarily designed to provide voice coverage and which rely on your own local broadband connection.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
received the yx550 datablaster today, fast shipping from solidsignal in michigan where I found the best price, and setup was a breeze. I installed the antenna in my living room, outdoor installation is not an option for me, and put the receiver in the basement underneath the master bedroom.

results:

pros: definitely have a stronger and more reliable connection. I used to have to keep a device in one place to get a 4G connection and can now walk around the house and receive signal. I also get 4 bars in the basement where I did not receive any signal before.

cons: speeds are only about average to what they were before, maybe just a little faster. That's not the main reason I bought it but would like a little faster for the money.

conclusion: I have a few weeks to experiment and see if I get faster speeds. I'll have to decide then if it's worth the $260 shipped or if I should return it.

Upvote 0
The Wi-ex products seem to work fairly well for residential use. I'm not sure about your particular model but most I've installed require a minimum of 15' vertical separation between the antenna and base unit. More is better. Antenna placement is the important part with these and you need to make sure you've got it as close to the strong signal direction as possible. Since you say you can't go external a window will be your next best location, the higher the better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones