• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Signal Boosters

you don't specifically need cable internet for the network extender but you do need a high speed internet connection, either cable, dsl or fiber optic. the extender connects to your network through your router. i work in a pretty rural area of teh country and we've had dsl for at least 10 years now and that will work.

Upvote 0
you don't specifically need cable internet for the network extender but you do need a high speed internet connection, either cable, dsl or fiber optic. the extender connects to your network through your router. i work in a pretty rural area of teh country and we've had dsl for at least 10 years now and that will work.

Yeah satellite is the best we can get. Living in the sticks is nice, except when it comes to these type of things.

Upvote 0
there are satellite broadband services, HughesNet for one. Though they seem to be very expensive with a starting plan of $40 per month for 200 Mb download limit. my fiber optic is only $30 a month for unlimted downloads and uploads.

I have satellite now, the sales person at Verizon told me he didn't recommend network extender. I just wanted to get rid of my home phone, not yet I guess.

Upvote 0
You don't even need to call verizon to change your prl to the hybrid one. Theres a post on xda that gives it to you and the instructions on how to apply it with the ##778 menu. Just search for hybrid prl

Yeah, I just read that. I'm gonna wait and see what Verizon says. They said I should hear from them within 48 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones