1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Signal Boosters

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NightThorn, Aug 20, 2012.

1. NightThorn

NightThorn Member

Hey guys, ok so this is the situation. My phone gets really crappy signal.I am looking for any way to boost my signal. I don't have too much knowledge, but willing to try. Any signal boosters or anything actually help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hey man, I am not too knowledgable myself on signal boosters, but I have searched through this forum and found different PRL versions for download, which can be manually changed through CDMA Workshop. Then you can just try different PRL versions to find the one that gets you the best signal in your area. If you search the forum you will find what I'm talking about. I hope this will be of some help to you.

3. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

what is nightrom, never heard of it?

4. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

5. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

Does that thing actually work?

6. NightThorn

NightThorn Member

just a kanged cm7. nothing special.Nothing I would ever want anyone else to play with. lol Just a project for me to learn.

cwhatever likes this.
  7. NightThorn

NightThorn Member

Shabby and Mooseberry... I have never tried them. Do they actually work?

8. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

Nope, they dont ! My ex bought three of them for herself and her kids...... CRAP !

9. NightThorn

NightThorn Member

The problem I have is if i walk outside and out to the road( so about 150 feet) i have pretty good service.

10. mooseberry

I noticed there is more than one brand of those things and none of the are worth anything?? Thanks
    Cheers

11. money15

money15 Android Enthusiast

mooseberry likes this.
  12. mooseberry

That's funny I was just checking that one out. THANK YOU for your advice and input

13. ibdilbert

ibdilbert Newbie

NightThorn likes this.
  14. NightThorn

NightThorn Member

I'm actually talking about the signal booster apps. Any one ever have any of them work?

15. UncleBud

UncleBud Well-Known Member

Item Price Qty Total

Wilson Ultimate Dual-Band Repeater Kit (WILSONULTIMATE)

The item above is shipped FREE when order is placed using regular ground shipping.
    $1,099.99

$1,099.99

Great googly moogly for 2 grand I'll walk and tell em what I want in living color

16. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Beats 100-200 a month for contract... (i guess) it will eventually pay for itself

17. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

Lolz.
    Why not just buy some pringles and cut the can into a satellite?

18. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

That sounds pretty cool!!!! You got any directions on that?:cool:

19. oopsibrokeit

oopsibrokeit Member

I've tried the apps and they never made a noticeable difference, an actual repeater would be the way go, the ones listed above are active repeaters and thus costly, however you could maybe use a passive repeater which would be an antenna (cut to freq.)inside, a coax to the outside with another antenna (cut to freq.)

20. Wadsworth78

Wadsworth78 Member

I like the cut of your jib.

21. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

The passive one works fairly well as long as the outside antenna is a directional one aimed at the tower.

Codegerm :D

22. MisterParadox

MisterParadox Well-Known Member

Regarding apps in reference to your signal, I like "OpenView." It does not run a script to "boost" the signal, rather, it searches for the closest towers to you and where they are in respect to your position. There is a "refresh" option that will automatically refresh your network to the nearest tower. Of course, rebooting your phone would do that, this happens to do it without having to reboot. I have noticed a "slight" and I do mean slight increase in signal strength on occasion from refreshing.

23. oopsibrokeit

oopsibrokeit Member

Well uh I didn't get all technical about it because I honestly didn't think anyone would take it seriously....huh

24. oopsibrokeit

oopsibrokeit Member

wait someone took me seriously...ok wait better idea you'll need a car battey a battery charger and two old 800 mhz two way radios ( I suggest motorola gtx they can be programed with a windows laptop) oh yeah and a o-scope and some tech specs on the radios ....hey better idea go to an old junk yard and find a couple of cars with the old in car cell phones...... sorry I get carried away

25. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

LOL, from the line of work I do for a living I get to deal with cellular radios for alarm systems. Being a technician, it is hard not to get technical. :laugh:

Codegerm

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews