• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Signal Issue Question (Kyocera Hydro)

I've got a Hydro, and up until today, it seems to have been operating great. Boost is (of course) the service provider, and as of 8am today, the signal level dropped off the map. Even after I completely reset the phone and reinstalled my apps, the signal issue is there, telling me it MUST be "them", and not "me", right???

A couple of times, it's come back, semi- or even full-strength, but then, after a few seconds, it goes away again, entirely. I've not had this issue with the service here before, and no one else I know on Boost or Sprint (who Boost piggybacks off of in our area) seems to be having this issue....

Could it somehow BE my phone, and NOT them????

I checked to see if I could update my prl a few days ago, and sure enough, there was an updated prl available for download. Nothing fancy needed to update - you will find the option in the system settings menu under "system updates". Although I'm rooted, I had no issues updating, and though I don't have tangible proof, my signal seems better. May be the placebo effect tho...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones