• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

signal issue

Cerrone

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
I recently bought the Htc hero with sprint and the phone was working ok some static calls some dropped but today when i woke up I didnt have a signal at all... the phone never got wet or anything went the whole day without a signal but when i switch too roaming i get full bar strength please help is there anyway i can fix this myself or do i have too send my phone back in....did a factory reset and nothing....still the same issue

I recently bought the Htc hero with sprint and the phone was working ok some static calls some dropped but today when i woke up I didnt have a signal at all... the phone never got wet or anything went the whole day without a signal but when i switch too roaming i get full bar strength please help is there anyway i can fix this myself or do i have too send my phone back in....did a factory reset and nothing....still the same issue

Sprint has a 30 day return policy, so you can return it and and get another Hero or....... Evo

Upvote 0
Yes, either what treborcj said or see if Sprint will update your PRL (Preferred Roaming List). My PRL is 60664 and I have no signal issues. If your PRL is the same as mine or higher then it is definitely a unique defect and Sprint should replace it.

Note: You can view your PRL by going into Settings > About Phone > Software Information and scroll alllll the way to the bottom. PRL is basically giving the phone access to the most recent cellular tower changes/additions. It is not necessarily just affecting only Roaming, so don't let the name fool you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones