1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

signal issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cerrone, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Cerrone

Cerrone New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I recently bought the Htc hero with sprint and the phone was working ok some static calls some dropped but today when i woke up I didnt have a signal at all... the phone never got wet or anything went the whole day without a signal but when i switch too roaming i get full bar strength please help is there anyway i can fix this myself or do i have too send my phone back in....did a factory reset and nothing....still the same issue

Advertisement

2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Sprint has a 30 day return policy, so you can return it and and get another Hero or....... Evo

3. nilihanth

nilihanth Active Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Kansas City
    Yes, either what treborcj said or see if Sprint will update your PRL (Preferred Roaming List). My PRL is 60664 and I have no signal issues. If your PRL is the same as mine or higher then it is definitely a unique defect and Sprint should replace it.

Note: You can view your PRL by going into Settings > About Phone > Software Information and scroll alllll the way to the bottom. PRL is basically giving the phone access to the most recent cellular tower changes/additions. It is not necessarily just affecting only Roaming, so don't let the name fool you.

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    60664, really? I've been on 60668 for about a week now, y'all need to update.

5. nilihanth

nilihanth Active Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Kansas City
    That is not an uncommon scenario. Back when I worked at sprint, phones I tested were all over the place, regarding PRLs. Every once in a while I would have to do a mass PRL update on a ton of phones.

Tags: