• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Signal Issue

Okay ever since maybe 6-8 days ago. My signal is dead. Well it's good but when i pick it up it dies to 0 bars maybe even No Signal. This is frustrating, the only thing i've installed since then is the freedom kernel the new one with 1.8 ghz overclock. Any fixes guys or should i reformat the phone and take it into metro

I have said that for some phones the voltage in Freedom kernel overclocked may be too low for those phones to run properly. That's why I made 2 versions of the kernel. The other has all the same features, but without overclock. You can always restore your backup, flash Freedom kernel Lite, or unbrick to return back to stock.

Oh and the kernel wouldn't mess up your radio lol.

Are you sure that it's not that your area is going through the CDMA to GSM transition?

When the change to GSM happened in my area my signal went to sh!t for a while lol.

Upvote 0
I have said that for some phones the voltage in Freedom kernel overclocked may be too low for those phones to run properly. That's why I made 2 versions of the kernel. The other has all the same features, but without overclock. You can always restore your backup, flash Freedom kernel Lite, or unbrick to return back to stock.

Oh and the kernel wouldn't mess up your radio lol.

Are you sure that it's not that your area is going through the CDMA to GSM transition?

When the change to GSM happened in my area my signal went to sh!t for a while lol.

+1

Upvote 0
gonna try the other kernel I came from the default samurai one.

Update - Installed different rom, didn't fix crap. Unrooted and gonna go into Metro Store to see what they have to say. It's like death grip whenever i pick it up it drops all signal. laying flat it gets 4 bars.. phones not even 1 year old and is in like a otterbox style case.

Upvote 0
gonna try the other kernel I came from the default samurai one.

Update - Installed different rom, didn't fix crap. Unrooted and gonna go into Metro Store to see what they have to say. It's like death grip whenever i pick it up it drops all signal. laying flat it gets 4 bars.. phones not even 1 year old and is in like a otterbox style case.

Take the case off see if that helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones