1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Signal Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UiiN, May 10, 2011.

1. UiiN

UiiN Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    I've been having issues on Orange for ages now, the signal drops for up to an hour, sometimes up to 3 hours, without telling me. When i make a phone call, the phone will cut off and then all the messages i've been missing for that time come flooding in.

I've tried phoning Orange tech but they're ... useless... completely and utterly useless.

I've been looking around and i was looking for some input to see if anyone thinks i might need to get a new sim card sent out, if i need the phone repaired or if it's a problem on thier end. It's worth noting that my mum uses Orange on a Wildfire and, even thought she doesn't use her phone as often as me, she doesn't seem to be having the same issue.

Thanks for your time,
    UiiN.

Advertisement

2. ajh94

ajh94 Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Orange Telecomunications, Product marketing!
    Essex, UK
    I have been having this problem on Orange for ages on my Desire.. It often happens later at night, and alot of the time the 'Orange' network disappears and all thats avaliable for ages is 'orange tmobile' - i think its an orange issue

3. UiiN

UiiN Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    Well it's actually the Orange T-Mobile signal that i use as i've signed up to the Orange T-Mobile service. That's not the problem, right now i seem to be getting 2 problems. The second one has only been happening for 2 or so days, but the main problem has been happening for at least 5 months.

The main problem is, i don't lose the signal at all, or at least my phone doesn't say i have. I'll be looking at my phone and for the full hour (I don't sit and look at the phone for an hour :D ) and i'll suddenly get all my messages through.

Now the issue i'm getting is i completely lose the signal, the phone can pick up signals from all the major comms (Including Orange and Orange T-Mobile) but i can't connect to any of them.

I've just done a factory reset on the phone to see if that helps.

Thanks for your time
    UiiN

4. ajh94

ajh94 Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Orange Telecomunications, Product marketing!
    Essex, UK
    Sounds very wierd to me.. I mean I am also having problems but they are not as bad as that lol. I'm not sure what to suggest but whatever happens I hope you get it sorted :)

5. mcdcfc

mcdcfc Lurker
    None

May 11, 2011
    How ya doing guys,

I too am having the same problem...

It's only started badly over the last few days but I struggle for signal and don't receive texts for hours after they are sent! It's driving me insane.

I'm on Orange too, I'm trying at all costs to avoid contacting them as I know that they will be useless with this particular problem.

I think that it is my Desire as others on Orange are not having the same problem.

If anybody knows or hears anything about this please let me know!

The Desire is really starting to disappoint me of late...

Roll on the end of my contract!

6. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member
    None

May 29, 2010
    You're not alone with this problem, I'm on Orange and this has been happening for a couple of weeks now. I took the plunge and called Orange, but the one bit of advice to put my phone on 2g, only cut me off from the operator, who although had promised to ring me back if we got cut off, couldn't as I couldn't get a connection.....doh

The excuse they gave was that they were working on transmitters in my area that were 3g and my phone was trying to pick up those, despite the fact I had the Orange/T-mobile service set up...

7. hainman

hainman Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    guys im not on orange but o2 and had same issue.phone would loose reception and would work for a few minutes then go again,i got new sim card and eventualy sent phone away and it was returned with a new mother board,

8. togger161

togger161 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    Electrical Technician
    Birmingham UK
    Most networks have a coverage checker. Have a look on line and see what the signal should be like by you. I used to be on O2 but swapped because they have NO 3G coverage at all where I live. Some networks also post maintenance issues, worth a check to see if there is anything going on in your area.

9. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Church Minister
    Belfast
    I am on Virgin Mobile and the 3g signal here in Northern Ireland is poor. I rang the technical team and the chap told me there were blackspots here, well I think there is just one big blackspot covering the entire country. Never get a good signal. The chap even admitted that if he lived here he wouldn't get a phone with VM. Says it all really. However, when the Orange/T-Mobile link up is finally sorted we may get a better signal. If it isn't sorted by September when I upgrade I will be heading over to 3 who have a much better signal.

Tags: