1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Signal issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by foreverthewolf, Dec 19, 2012.

1. foreverthewolf

Hiya to all I don't know whats up with my phone now but I flashed a rom and the custom kernel and all was fine then one day it just started having signal issues big time can't call out or when people call me it just goes straight to vm and texting is a pain in the ass so I redid the phone back to stock OS and settings wiped cache all that good stuff reactavated the phone and everything and still having the same issues I even called virgin mobile about this issues and there is no signal problems in my area ive even went to the other side of the city and still doing the same thing any one have any tips or anything that could be wrong here? Im waiting on virgin to call me back they are looking more into it im prolly gonna land up getting a replacement phone but im just not sure what has caused this to happen

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert

You could try using a computer to flash a different PRL to your phone.

foreverthewolf likes this.
  3. foreverthewolf

And how do you go about doing that? lol

4. Dark One

Dark One Android Expert

I wouldn't do anything that might void your warranty at this point.

5. foreverthewolf

I don't even care about the warrenty heck its already been rooted and all that good stuff I just wanted to see if anyone might have a fix for the issue im having now lol

6. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Android Enthusiast

It's probably an issue with the phone. I highly doubt it's anything to do with a prl, especially since it's a virgin phone. I would do a full wipe and re-flash the Rom. If that doesn't work it could be an issue with the phones antenna. Especially since the signal dropped out suddenly.

7. Artine

Artine Android Expert

On that note, here's what I would do to obtain a full reset of the phone:

Factory Reset
    Format/wipe Dalvik Cache twice
    Wipe Cache
    Format /data
    Format /system
    Install new ROM.

If that doesn't work, then I second the notion that it may be related to hardware, and would get a replacement OE.

8. foreverthewolf

alrighty then lol have done all that stuff cept for the prl thing lol I have no ideal how to do that part but thank you guys for responding :) guess imma have to get a nother one then grrrr lol

9. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Get used to it. I am about to call for my fifth replacement.

10. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert

o_O I've had mine since like June I think lol. Why am I the only one who takes care of their phone? :p

Westonispro likes this.
  11. landonh12

landonh12 Android Enthusiast

Its not that you take care of your phone, but that others have purchased defunct devices.

12. Artine

Artine Android Expert

And unfortunately, I think the initial batches (first three months or so) were the good ones. I had to get my first replaced in August, because I installed a bad framework-res and bricked the phone (it was bricked at the time whereas it wouldn't be now, since this was pre-CWM). I've been on my second/replaced-with OE since then without a hitch.

13. foreverthewolf

Well thanks for the faith in the LG opt lmao haha :)

14. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

I went through 3 the 2nd week they were for sale.

15. Artine

Artine Android Expert

Then perhaps I'm just lucky. Who knows.

MacFett likes this.
  16. mrjello

mrjello Member

I noticed a somewhat similar problem. Occasionally I will have a call go to voice mail without ringing despite being in a good coverage area. I noticed a similar problem with data that will stop working temporary. I'm not sure if it is an issue with the phone or the network but it seems to happen rarely.

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews