• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Signal now fixed?

I've had fantastic coverage at home and at work (and most of Seattle, actually). I plan on spending the day tomorrow around town and checking what my signal strength is.

At home I've seen it at -47 (though I heard the lowest was -50 but both of our phones were in the upper 40's) and right now it's -54. Verizon has been good, which is the main reason we decided to upgrade to the Incredible instead of switching to AT&T when our contract expired earlier this year.

I also posted in the battery thread that I was on like 54 hours of uptime and 3 hours of awake time on a charge (granted fairly light-moderate use). Knock on wood this continues! :)

Upvote 0
I've had fantastic coverage at home and at work (and most of Seattle, actually). I plan on spending the day tomorrow around town and checking what my signal strength is.

At home I've seen it at -47 (though I heard the lowest was -50 but both of our phones were in the upper 40's) and right now it's -54. Verizon has been good, which is the main reason we decided to upgrade to the Incredible instead of switching to AT&T when our contract expired earlier this year.

I also posted in the battery thread that I was on like 54 hours of uptime and 3 hours of awake time on a charge (granted fairly light-moderate use). Knock on wood this continues! :)

Im at -102 right now :mad:

Upvote 0
Incredible is the worst for call quality and reception...THE WORST.. Returned mine after a week...adios. Hello EVO.

I live in an area with bad reception to begin with and this phone does no worse than my previous phones. I generally range from around -92 to -102dBm and have had no trouble making and holding calls.

As far as the EVO, nobody knew what the signal on the Incredible was like until it was tested a few days prior to release. It's very possible that the EVO may have similar issues with signal as what some are experiencing. And depending on who has a better network in your area, you may be sacrificing a better network on the chance that that phone will have stouter signal capabilities. Just some food for thought.

Upvote 0
This is strange... My friend lives in an area where reception has been so bad that its almost impossible to send texts, usually you have to stand on one leg and balance the phone on your head while standing on his front porch. With that being said, I have sent 3 text messages from his house with no problem. Granted I am still only getting 1 bar there but compared to his phone (LG Dare) which is getting zero bars, I think I'm doing pretty well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones