1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Signal problem after motherboard replace

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amatose, Jul 10, 2014.

1. amatose

amatose New Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Hi everyone,

a few months ago I bought a galaxy s4 I9505 and unlocked it via unlock code. I did this immediately on first boot.

Everything worked since I had a hardware problem in which the blue LED was on all the time. The phone is under warranty so after 3 weeks I got the phone back from service.

They told me they have changed the motherboard and that everything is working right now. After turning the phone on I had to put in the unlock code again because it said sim locked. This was successful !!!

Now I have no signal indoors end very poor signal outdoors. I tried factory reset and hard reset a few times but it didnt work. Even under a small roof I have no signal at all and I cant make any calls or texts. I tried different sim cards of other operators but no luck !

My question is: could it be my fault because I put the unlock code or is hardware related so I should give it back to service (which is frustrating) ?

Thanks for your help !

Advertisement

2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    SIM unlocking is part of the built-in functionality of the phone, not some illicit hack, so using it should not cause any problem.

Under the circumstances you describe, it's almost certainly a hardware fault.

amatose likes this.
  3. JimZA

JimZA New Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Own a Cellular Shop
    Western Cape, South Africa
    90% certain that the antenna connector pins are bent... This means that your handsets antenna is effectively capacitively coupled instead of a direct connection.