• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Signal reception issues

andrews317

Android Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2011
Honduras
I work at a factory which is about 40 km away from the city. Since I have my Inspire (1 week ago), I'm having real problems with my signal reception while at work. When I go out or close to the exits of the factory, I start receiving bunch of messages, whatsapp messages, emails, even messages from my provider saying I received calls from different numbers.

Yes, it is sort of a big factory with lots of machines and structures that could affect my signal, but a week ago I had an LG GW550 and I had no problem. Same thing with my older Nokia E71. I even had a Nokia 5230 for a week and the signal was perfect. Also everyone with cellphones like Curves 8520 or even non-smartphones have a good signal reception. Is this a common problem on the Inspire or could my phone have a factory issue?

For the record: I live in Honduras and I bought my Inspire from Amazon as "like new".

your phone could have a problem, since so many other types of phones work in your factory.

maybe a local cell phone shop can check it to see if its functioning properly. but first, have you checked the settings on the phone to make sure there is not some odd setting that could be causing the problem

James
I did checked all the settings and everything seems ok. I believe its a problem with the phone's hardware.

I don't think the inspire has a great signal. I have been through 2 of them, along with multiple calls to AT&T and I have the same issue. This phone drops way more and doesn't work in places where my captivate once did.
Good to know it's not just me.

Something I noticed yesterday is that when I take it out of the pocket the signal is really low, one or no bars on the signal indicator, but after certain seconds it goes to two or three bars. Besides a bad reception, my pocket seems to affect it a lot more. This has happened to me before, but not to the point of having no signal on my phone when it's on my pocket.

Upvote 0
I don't think the inspire has a great signal. I have been through 2 of them, along with multiple calls to AT&T and I have the same issue. This phone drops way more and doesn't work in places where my captivate once did.

So true. I drop calls whether inside or outside with the Inspire. My last phone was a BB Curve 8310 and I can count on one hand the number of times i dropped calls in the two years I had it.

Reactions: andrews317
Upvote 0
I had a new experience with this issue last weekend. I went to the beach with some friends. We all use the same carrier. When we got there, they all had Edge reception because its very far from the city. But I had no internet signal. I could make and receive calls and sms but I had no internet. The weird thing is that the H+ symbol was shown at the top and 3 or 4 out of five signal bars. The H+ symbol just had a check below it, not the upload/download arrows. I called three times to my carriers tech support and they made a reset to my line the three times with no results. One of my friends had an android, a motorola blackflip, and he had a good signal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones