1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Signal/reception quality

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kg198202, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Kg198202

Kg198202 Well-Known Member

Has any one noticed that signal quality sucks compared to other devices? My warp and optimus slide had more bars etc then the marquee in my house. Also, is there any reason I should install the system update.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tombob

tombob Well-Known Member

The update includes a new radio which may improve your signal quality. Good luck.

3. mvaness

mvaness Android Enthusiast

One of the things I learned from the Prevail forums was not to take the signal bars at face value. Use the menu and go into About phone > Status and compare the Signal strength with your other phone. That is the true indicator. Are they similar?

I have the OTA update... ZV4 for boost. In my opinion it runs smoother than the ZV3 and there is no CIQ... But there is no root until a new exploit is made.

If you want to keep root with either the ZV3 or ZVC try one of the revised updates posted.

hope this helps...

4. Kg198202

Thanks for the replies, I think i'm going to go ahead with the update. :)

5. Kg198202

I updated my marquee and have 0-1 bar, any tips to increase the reception etc.

Thanks

6. sik00

sik00 Android Enthusiast

The Marquee's signal bars are horrible as far as judging reception. Like mvaness already suggested, About Phone > Status is a much more accurate measurement. Mine is the same way. I'll have full 3G and a -90 or so dbm, but my signal bars will show almost nothing, or maybe 1 bar. An easy way to see this for yourself is to wait until it shows 0 bars, then call your voicemail or something. You'll see your bars shoot up to the correct display (3 bars or so for me), then drop back down to 0 when the call ends. It's something I've noticed since I got the Marquee. Reception is normally still there, even when it shows it's not.

Going to System Updates and updating your PRL and Profile wouldn't hurt, either.

Kg198202 likes this.
  7. Kg198202

thanks, I've noticed that also. I'm usually sitting at 109-120 dbm. My warp will be about 10 dbm lower. I've updated my prl and profile a few times to no avail. The thing that has me concerned is i won't receive my calls just the voice mail.

8. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

i have found the above mentioned to be true my phone behaves the same and my reception is fine a bug i can live with

LG Marquee Forum

The LG Marquee release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews