• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Signal strength on S3

@ Phones1966

Here is your answer. It is really extremely easy. This is the step-by-step process:

1. Go to phone Settings.

2. Go to Accounts and Synch.

3. Select Add Account.

4. On the screen that shows up, select Email.

5. On the next screen write your email account (eg. johndoe@gmail.com) and your password.

6. Click on Manual Setup (DO NOT CLICK ON NEXT).

7. On the next screen choose Microsoft Exchange Active Synch (yes, this is the correct one, do not be surprized!).

8. On the field Domain\user name, make sure that you have your complete email address, preceded by a \ (ie. \johndoe@gmail.com).

9. Your password should also be entered (it is done automatically, but if it is not, add it yourself).

10. In the field Exchange Server use m.google.com (check with other email providers what you shoud use - I use a gmail based email service (gmail apps) so I can not help you here, but I am sure that it is easy to find out).

11. Check Use Secure Connection and uncheck Use Client Certificate.

12. Click Next and OK if an information box pops up.

13. Change the Account options as desired and click Next.

You are all set. It works like a charm for Gmail accounts, you should make sure it works also for other services / email providers.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones