1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Signal Strength

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigdroid, May 16, 2011.

1. bigdroid

bigdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    Male
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Ok, I need to know what everyone thinks about the signal strength on the new HTC Incredible 2? I had the original Incredible and the signal strength just was not there. I would have 0 to 1 bars, when others would have 2 to 3 bars. That really was a deal breaker for me. I have noticed on all of the video reviews for the new Incredible 2, that the signal once again is fluctuating. I have seen it go from full to 3 down to 1 bar, back and forth. So before I use my upgrade to get this phone, let me know you thoughts on the signal. I like the rest of the phone, so please limit your responses to just the signal. Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

2. Speedy328

Speedy328 Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    Metro New York
    The signal strength bar on the DINC2 is very buggy and more often than not it shows 0 bars. However, if you check your signal strength in "About Phone/Network" or other Phone Info apps you'll see that you are probably getting a decent signal. This is a pain and hopefully HTC will correct it soon -- but I wouldn't necessarily call it a deal breaker. Also, if you are connecting via bluetooth to your car's built-in bluetooth it may also show no signal strength although your phone will work fine. The lack of a signal bar (at times) is the only (minor) complaint I have about this device. Hope this helps in your decision.

3. jackwithcorona

None

Jan 3, 2011
    just curious, what is the meaning of the values displayed? i know anything "under" -90ish is good but how do you read it?

4. bigdroid

bigdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    Male
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Thanks for the info!!! Think I will hold off and wait. :)

5. daveydog

daveydog Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 29, 2010
    Mass
    its not just the bars, the signal strength on the phone is not good. I had the phone for 2 weeks and it never got better than a -87 or thereabouts... I'm now using a TB and it always has 3-4 bars and is currently at -68. Too bad, because i really preferred the Inc2, but between lousy reception and that tinny speaker phone, had to return it.