• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Signal strength.

The radios on the Optimus V and Slider have excellent radios. The radio on the MT sucks, I think I read it only has the 1900mHz radio in it or something.
Sadly yet another reason for the Triumph to fall further on it's face if Virgin does institute roaming on Verizon come 7/1. ie: no 850 MHz radio onboard. Probably a primary reason for the Triumph sucking so much indoors, the 850 MHz band is much more efficient indoors.

Upvote 0
Sadly yet another reason for the Triumph to fall further on it's face if Virgin does institute roaming on Verizon come 7/1. ie: no 850 MHz radio onboard. Probably a primary reason for the Triumph sucking so much indoors, the 850 MHz band is much more efficient indoors.

They retracted the roaming statement. So I wouldn't count on it.

Upvote 0
With the Optimus V, I typically had all but one bar of full service at home. With the Triumph, I only had about half the bars. The Evo is pretty much the same as the Optimus V as far as I can tell at this point with regard to radio strength (that's good in my mind).

The GPS lock is instantaneous.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones