1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Signal strength

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bob Dobalina, May 5, 2010.

1. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Berumda Triangle
    What is the opinion on the comparison of signal strength? I am a tech junkie. My last Verizon phone had spotty coverage in my house for some reason. I live in a major California area. My current DInc coverage is MUCH worse at my same primary location. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PHONE OTHERWISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

2. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Generation Dispatcher
    Noblesville, IN
    for me its the same as my storm 2 bascially

3. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I get 3 bars the majority of the time. I do notice that my signal bar will go from 3 bars to 2 bars by simply picking up my phone. It's most likely a software issue. The call quality remains very good.

4. destardi

Jan 8, 2010
    Bob, try calling Verizon or taking it back to the store and ask them to update the PRL to a "hybrid" PRL.

That's what worked for me; it will use alltel towers as well as verizon towers. (Yes, Alltel in some places was much better than Verizon; the towers around me have not been fully converted yet so PRL was only polling Verizon towers).

5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Generation Dispatcher
    Noblesville, IN
    you CANNOT go by the bars, they are jumping around way to much

settings>about phone>network

look at the strength there, anything in th -50 to -80 range is pretty good IMO....-50 being the best you can get i think