1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Signature, SD Scanning, screen lock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Violet33, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Violet33

Violet33 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    The Windy City
    Three things with my Captivate are driving me nuts:

1) How do I change the "Signature" so it doesn't always add "Sent from my Samsung Captivate" at the end of my emails. :(

2) How do I stop the phone from scanning the SD Card everytime I turn it on? :mad:

3) A lot of times when I am on a call, if I move the phone around, my face hits the mute button, etc. How do I get the screen not to do anything while I am on a call? :eek:

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    1) When in the e-mail app, hit the Menu button (button on the bottom left of your phone) and go to Account Settings. Scroll all of the way to the bottom and there is the signature. Tap on it to change it.

2) Not sure that is possible because the phone needs to know what is on the card to be able to use the files effectively with the correct program, etc.

3) Don't move the phone around. There is a proximity sensor on the face of the phone, if you take it away from your face it will turn the screen on because it thinks you want to enter numbers or do something on your phone. If you are having trouble holding the phone by the sides during a call, I would suggest a case so you can get a better grip. I have the Body Glove case and I love it.

Violet33 likes this.