• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Signing in with Google

sachertorte

Apr 16, 2018
In my Google account under "signing in with Google", what exactly is "Forum Logins" and what would removing access do for me? With that said, what does having it enabled do for me?

I am getting some Google login prompts on some websites even though "Google sign-in prompts" is disabled in my account. I am wondering if this is related to the above.

Thanks,

Danny

Seems like I have had a Google problem that I discovered. I was sometimes getting getting requests by Google to login on websites, even though I thought I had disabled that option in my Google account. Well, somehow, I am sure by my fault, I found that I had two Google accounts active on my phone. It seemed that it looked like both were set to sync. I deleted the secondary Google account. I then in a short bit, hit and miss, phone text replies were sometimes missing from some people. I guess Google (Google Drive?) can or does store phone text messages. I had also noticed that sometimes I was getting my Google headline news on my Google search page in addition to that dedicated page when you swipe leftfrom the home page. Sometimes that was missing. I was also having trouble when I clicked on some of the stories. Some would open in the page as you would expect. Some would display below all of the headlines. It is my best guess that I had two Google acvounts running simultaneously, conflicting with each other, one storing some info. when in control, and the other when it was in control. That also explains the differing Google headline handling as well as sometimes getting webpage login requests. The solution, the best one anyway, might be a clean factory reset and reinstall of apps, testing one by one for other issues I had been having. I can do that after the first of the year when I get my Note 8 cleaned up, factory reset and working asmy main phone while this is down. On factory reset of this phone, restarting will also require that I do not let the second Google account be added. I think I am on to something.

Danny

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones