1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Silence or change ringer on lock screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yabos McGee, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Yabos McGee

Yabos McGee Lurker

I'm trying to find an easy/efficient way to silence and/or change ringer volume from the lock screen. I can't seem to find a straight answer on this.

I'm coming from an Optimus V that had Harmonia and then Mirage. So, I'm guessing this is a Sense thing as I've never had a phone with Sense before. With the OV you could hold down the power button on the lock screen and quickly turn off the sound. With the Evo V, it seems you have to unlock it before being able to silence the phone or change the ringer volume.

I know you can get something like Widget Locker. I have tried it with free lock screen apps like Magic Locker, but that just adds more layers. Something that also seems to compound the difficulty is that I like to keep pattern security turned on, so when trying to use a locker app on top of the built-in security it will sometimes let you unlock, switch ringer, then bring up the pattern unlock.

Any ideas? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

I know in sense 4/4.1, you can turn the screen on, then turn the volume down without unlocking it. You can always try one of those ROMs. Of course, WiMax and 3D don't work on them...so that's a call that you'd have to make. That's the only way that I know of at this time.