• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Silent after Prayer time

Yzn

May 18, 2016
Hello guys,
I would really appreciate if someone can create an android app which runs in the background and what it basically does is simply:
Ask the user if he wants his mobile to go in silence mode after -specific amount of time maybe /20mins/ or so- and stays on silent for 10minutes and then switches back to Normal High ringtone.

The time of the prayers is different everday so basically the timings should be retrieved from an updated list at prayers.qa

I know if you're not familiar with the Islamic faith this might be confusing, but basically I am thinking of app that puts the mobile in silent mode after the call for prayer in 20minutes, so when the person is in congregation prayer, he doesnt disturb the others who are praying with an incoming call or sms for example.
There are 5 prayers per day, so 5 times the app should be doing that.

I would be happy to give more specific details to whom wants but I wanted to know if someone has the skills to do it.
Thank you

Hello, it can be done. I will give it a shot. About prayer list. ..It would be easier to calculate it than load from list (for me :)).
Hey there LT,
Thanks a ton for your contribution!

As you might of known, every country has different timings for the five different prayers.

I found a very interesting source for this, it provides you with ready written code in different programming languages:
http://praytimes.org/wiki/Code

I hope this clears some stuff out.
Please do discuss here or if you want I can send you my watsapp number.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones