1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General silent bug with refurb?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ExcessiveIdling, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Indiana
    Just curious if anyone who may have had the silent buy with their Droid Eris who got a refurbished from Verizon still had the silent bug even with their refurb? Just wondering if I may run into it again since it seemed rather random

Advertisement

2. pixel8tor

pixel8tor Member

May 12, 2010
    Looks like many refurbs have had it, including all different date codes. Must me more software-related than hardware. Hope they address it soon.

3. dgruetter

dgruetter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I am now on my second refurb. One had 1.5 and I upgraded it with the OTA.

The second came with 2.1 already installed.

BOTH of them had the no sound bug!

Every Eris I have owned (3 total) has had the sound bug.

4. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Indiana
    Did the silent bug occur for you while you had 1.5 installed? or was it only after you went to the OTA? I so far have not experience a silent bug on my refurb but based upon all the reports I've seen in other threads it seems to me to be more of a software issue. (aka to equate it to computer terms the 'sound card driver' keeps crashing and/or locking up hence why a 'reboot' usually fixes it). Another question to all those out there. If by chance I were to get a phone rooted with a 2.1 root or what have you..is the likely hood of a silent bug just as well? (aka using evil eris rom or something to that effect) Or have there been no reports of problems with the silent bug after using a custom rom based on 2.1?

5. dgruetter

dgruetter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Unfortunately I did not wait around long enough to try out 1.5. I upgraded immediately.

6. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Male
    I make webs.
    Orange, California
    In my own personal experience, my previous Eris had the bug, and my refurb hasn't had it yet (it's been 3 weeks).