1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

silent bug with refurb?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ExcessiveIdling, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ExcessiveIdling

Just curious if anyone who may have had the silent buy with their Droid Eris who got a refurbished from Verizon still had the silent bug even with their refurb? Just wondering if I may run into it again since it seemed rather random

2. pixel8tor

pixel8tor Newbie

Looks like many refurbs have had it, including all different date codes. Must me more software-related than hardware. Hope they address it soon.

3. dgruetter

dgruetter Newbie

I am now on my second refurb. One had 1.5 and I upgraded it with the OTA.

The second came with 2.1 already installed.

BOTH of them had the no sound bug!

Every Eris I have owned (3 total) has had the sound bug.

4. ExcessiveIdling

Did the silent bug occur for you while you had 1.5 installed? or was it only after you went to the OTA? I so far have not experience a silent bug on my refurb but based upon all the reports I've seen in other threads it seems to me to be more of a software issue. (aka to equate it to computer terms the 'sound card driver' keeps crashing and/or locking up hence why a 'reboot' usually fixes it). Another question to all those out there. If by chance I were to get a phone rooted with a 2.1 root or what have you..is the likely hood of a silent bug just as well? (aka using evil eris rom or something to that effect) Or have there been no reports of problems with the silent bug after using a custom rom based on 2.1?

5. dgruetter

dgruetter Newbie

Unfortunately I did not wait around long enough to try out 1.5. I upgraded immediately.

6. thenestor

thenestor Android Expert

In my own personal experience, my previous Eris had the bug, and my refurb hasn't had it yet (it's been 3 weeks).

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews