• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "silent" calls

I got was one of the few to get the OTA to 340 and had 2 silent calls (same person) last night until I rebooted, then could hear people on the other end again. I guess this is still an issue with 340.
Too bad. I was really hoping the 340 update would have resolved this.

Happens pretty rarely to me and a reboot fixes it. Still haven't been able to figure out the trigger.

I did sbf to the previous OTA and then do a factory reset before going to 340, so maybe that cleaned something up for me. I don't know.

Upvote 0
I've had the same issue several times. At first, a single reboot would fix it. Then it would require two reboots to fix it. Never tried to do a battery pull. Since installing Apex about 2 weeks ago, it has not occurred. I thought maybe it was some Tasker profiles that I had created that were causing the problem.

How many of you guys use Pandora? That comment about it happening after using music apps seems interesting because the problem always seemed to happen when I was in the car where I use Pandora.

Upvote 0
I have had the droid X for 1.5 years. Just started having the "silent call" problem the other day and have had it multiple times between then and now. It doesn't seem to be associated with any of the activities that you have mentioned here. I have no solution but I do have more details on the problem:
- problem erratic (silent then fine then silent)
- doesn't happen mid call
- isn't associated with any one app
- resetting the phone always works (had success no 5 times)
- all other functionality still works
- makes call to other phone
- problem includes: can't hear other person and person can't hear you
- problem doesn't change when using headset, bluetooth, speaker, etc.
- haven't found any solution

Please help!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones