1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Silent Ringer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Romparoo, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Romparoo

Romparoo Android Enthusiast

RrrrRrrrr:mad:

I now know the frustration of others when they complained about their silent ringer issue. Mine started yesterday.

I have been running EE 2.0.1 for a week now. Last night I did a full wipe and reinstalled EE (not because of the silent issue but because Gmail stopped pushing).

Now sometime today my phone wont produce any noise. Email, text, ring, alarm, nothing. I get a force close for when I try and pick a sound: for alarm or ringer. I did a power off and of course it is running good now. Not sure for how long.

Any ideas? Is it a software problem with EE? I have not read anywhere here or on XDA with anyone else with this issue running EE. I really hope it is curable in EE 3.0 (currently not running until theme is completed) and not a hardware problem, I don't want to get a replacement and find that is on hboot 1.49 thus unrootable.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews